Smartphones are essential during the COVID-19 outbreak, as they are able to connect people in isolation. The pandemic doesn’t stop the step of UMIDIGI from releasing its affordable phones. After UMIDIGI S5 Pro, the company just unveiled its highly-anticipated UMIDIGI A7 Pro, which is the successor to the very popular entry-level beast A5 Pro. UMIDIGI A7 Pro will go on global sale on 26th May, and the price is expected to be under $150.
Maybe the best AI quad rear camera setup in its price range
The UMIDIGI A7 Pro offers an AI quad rear camera setup, while most phones under $150 stick with a double camera setup. The quad camera includes a 16MP main camera, 16MP ultra-wide camera (120 degree field of view), 5MP macro shooter (2cm focus), and a 5MP depth sensor. Not just ultra wide mode and macro mode, UMIDIGI also claims that the phone supports night mode as well as AI scene recognition. On the front, there’s a 16MP selfie camera.
Unrivaled FHD+ 19.5:9 Display
You’re not easy to find a FHD+ display on a phone at this price. UMIDIGI A7 Pro features a 6.3 inch waterdrop full screen with FHD+ resolution(2340 x 1080) and in-cell LTPS technology. Additionally, the aspect ratio is 19.5:9, which can give you a better visual experience than the 19:9 one.
Enhanced Octa-Core performance with large 64GB/128GB storage
UMIDIGI A7 Pro comes with an upgraded 4GB of LPDDR4X RAM and is available in two large internal storage versions, 64GB or 128GB. Coupled with the enhanced Octa-Core processor, UMIDIGI says the A7 Pro is much more powerful than A5 Pro. In AnTuTu V8, A7 Pro scores 122,547 while A5 Pro scores 92,514 according to the company. The phone houses a 4,150mAh battery with a 10W charger in the box.
Flagship level design on a budget
The sleek UMIDIGI A7 Pro comes in two colours -- Ocean Blue and Cosmic Black. The 2.5D glass back and metal frame, paired with the new optical plating technology makes the phone shine like a premium flagship. There’s also a fingerprint scanner on the back. Moreover, it comes with a Type-C port and a 3-Card Slot (Dual SIM + MicroSD) with up to 256GB expandable memory, and the phone runs stock Android 10 with global LTE bands and dual 4G VoLTE support.
Price and availability
UMIDIGI A7 Pro will start global sale on 26th May together with the new flagship S5 Pro, during UMIDIGI Fan Festival on AliExpress. The prices are not unveiled yet but we can expect that both 64GB and 128GB versions will be under $150. Now UMIDIGI A7 Pro is already listed at its AliExpress store and you can add it to cart first in case you miss the big discount on May 26. And about the shipping, UMIDIGI claims that they’re preparing a plentiful stock and are ready for fast shipping when the global sale starts.
Lastly, to improve users’ experience, UMIDIGI is giving away 10 units of A7 Pro, and you can join the giveaway and learn more about the phone on UMIDIGI’s official website.
UMIDIGI A7 Pro Full Specs Screen:
- 6.3'' FHD+ Full Screen, 19.5:9
- CPU: MediaTek, Helio P23, 4xCortex-A53, 2.0GHz & 4xCortex-A53, 1.5GHz GPU: ARM Mali G71 MP2 700MHz
- RAM: 4GB, LPDDR4x dual-channel
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Rear camera: 16MP primary camera, F/1.8, 6-element lens 16MP ultra wide angle camera, FOV 120° 5MP depth camera 5MP macro camera, 2cm macro distance
- Front camera: 16MP, F/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens
- Connectivity: Dual 4G/Dual VoLTE Bands: 4G: FDD-LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /B66 TDD-LTE: B34 /38 /39 /40 /41 3G: WCDMA: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8 /19 TD-SCDMA: B34 /39 CDMA EVDO: BC0 /BC1 2G: GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8 CDMA1X: BC0 /BC1
- GPS, Glonass, Galileo, BeiDou
- USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.0, OTG
- Battery: 4150mAh, 10W Fast Charge
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 74.9 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 212g
- Sensors: Rear-Mounted Fingerprint Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer , Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
- Colors: Ocean Blue, Cosmic Black